Sunday 15 September 2013

Doppelgangers

Anyone at Little Venice?

The reason I ask, is that when I was moored up at Bablock Hythe a couple of weeks ago, I met a couple of caravan residents who swore blind that there was a narrowboat called "Dogma". Which was often moored outside a Sainsburys. With the same colour scheme and everything. I had a hard time convincing them that I've never been to London with the boat, ever.

After Andy (on Nb Festina Lente) said that there were 24 boats with the same name as his, I'm wondering what's going on.

Jim Shead's narrowboat registration website says that we're currently the only ones with the name "Dogma". And (as I understand it) any subsequent boats registered with that name would have to be "dogma II" or "dogma too", etc. If it's at Little Venice, the 'other dogma' probably wouldn't be registered with the EA, as a small ships and rivers craft. So I'm kindof baffled. All a bit strange, really. It could be that they were mistaken, of course. But those two ladies did seem awfully sure of themselves.

If somebody could confirm or deny this, we'd be grateful. Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.