Thursday 23 June 2011

Balls

Is this new?

Little doggy lamp postI hadn't seen it anywhere before last week, but now almost everybody seems to be doing it. It's spread up and down the river, like a rash. What's up with a Sainsbury's bag? Two immediate downsides to this method, that I can see. Every dog that walks past, will think.. "Wehey! A free ball!", and try to pinch it (like Sumo does). Or else, they will wee on it. Like a little doggy lamp post.

From my observations, it's been predominantly shiny shiny narrowboat owners who seem to use them. So I guess, it's been featured in one of the boating magazines, as this month's "Jolly Good Idea". I do like to see a bit of dayglo in the world, but I think we'll be sticking with our disposable bags on 'dogma'.

2 comments:

  1. Brian on HarnserJune 23, 2011

    It use to be embarrassing when Magic would collect them when out walking, he has a thing about balls, he is not bothered about a hole in them.
    Blogger wont let me log in AGAIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 24, 2011

    Hi Brian & Diana,

    >> It use to be embarrassing when Magic would collect them when out walking, he has a thing about balls, he is not bothered about a hole in them.

    ha... Sumo is exactly the same. thinks they are put there for him. So, when did this start happening, Brian? Not noticed it before. Has it just arrived on the thames? Is it a summer thing? Or do some people use them all year round? Seems like a waste of a damn good tennis ball (they are invariably brand spanking new), with which I'm sure Sumo & Magic would agree.

    >>Blogger wont let me log in AGAIN

    I'm having problems with it too. My 'google account' seems borked. Lots of flipping between pages to write the blog. And to reply to comments, is usually via anonymous. Are you using Internet Explorer? My dad used Firefox, and his comments got through OK. My blogger dashboard lets me jump over to your blog and post comments as "Ken & Sheena" though. It's all very odd.

    K&S

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.