Sunday 16 December 2012

Witch Hunt

I received this comment this morning...
Your post here about Jimmy Page is being repeated elsewhere as fact. If not true not very kind to perpetuate unkind stories. Love your blog though. It appears you have a lot of fun boating and blogging. Beautiful area to explore Take Care.
In the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal, I'm concerned my use of the word "young" has been miscontrued, or twisted by somebody with an agenda. The young lady in question was in her early twenties. Sheena says "30", but I think she was younger than that. She appeared to know exactly what she was doing, was in full control of her mental faculties, and under no duress at all.

At first I thought she was his daughter, until Sheena told me "Don't be so silly... You don't kiss your daughter like that". They both appeared happy, strolling along the riverbank, arm in arm, on a beautiful sunny afternoon, without a care in the world.

Unlike Uri Geller, Jimmy Page isn't scared to wander along the towpath and engage in conversation with boaters. I have the greatest respect for him as a guitarist. Maybe the best this country has ever produced. And I would love to chat with him one day, about what he found when he bought 'Boleskine House'.

If my flippant words have caused him any stress or anxiety, I apologise unreservedly. But it is most definitely true, as the event described in the blog occured right outside our boat.

Thanks for bringing the matter to our attention, Anonymous.
I hope this post will help to clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.