Friday 7 September 2012

Up to Reading Again

Sheena is coming back for a few days tomorrow. And Chas is busy courting his new lady friend. So I decided to leave last night's lovely little spot in Sonning, in the hope of finding a mooring up near Tescos in Reading. Tomorrow being saturday, it will probably be like an aquatic version of bedlam out there, with a "fat chance" of mooring anything other than a canoe.

Enjoyed a nice leisurely cruise all the way..

Getting in and out of the lock went fine. Did not make a mess of anything. Or bounce off any walls. The lock keeper waited patiently until I was fully sorted before hitting any buttons. Cheers...

When I got there, the overnight moorings were all taken. But I managed to squeeze myself into the bushes, just down from the pontoon. Another boater, kindly helped me get alongside. Then the crew of Nb "Me", looked at me as if I was a piece of poo when I said 'hello' to them. Ha! A nice welcome back to civilisation. :)

Nick (Mv 'Freya') has just banged on the roof, and is dragging me out for a beer later on this evening. Also discovered that Sumo absolutely loves chilled Pineapple, Banana and Coconut smoothies.

2 comments:

  1. Sumo is a dog with taste....No Sumo is a Labrador.. so anything with taste will hit the spot!!
    X Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley. He does love his fruits. But he's not talking to me at the moment, because I didn't let him have any of my Guinness.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.