Friday 18 August 2017

Wallingford

Me @ Spade Oak
Me @ Spade Oak


Fast becoming like Reading. Full of gits who do not move their boats. They've deliberately clustered themselves close to town too, making it a long old trudge to the shops for folk who just want to top up on supplies, and actually, you know.... cruise. 6 hour journey and nowhere to moor? Great. Thanks guys.

I was fortunate today, in that I got the very last space in town, way up in the fishing holes. A narrowboat that had burnt me off on the way had "moored like a twat" right in the middle of the town wall. LOL. Awfully considerate that. Cheers.

So now I'm behind a dutch barge that runs it's generator all day. I'm considering stopping a couple of nights, because the castle grounds are great for the lads to run around in. Also, the words "fat" and "chance" spring to mind, when contemplating finding somewhere to moor in Abingdon for the weekend. Ha, I love summer. So relaxing.

The journey itself was fine. Dogma behaved beautifully and it was a joy to push her up the river. Big reward of the day was being able to watch Kingfishers diving for their lunch.

Tune of the Day..
** Cheers for the pic, Sue. You caught me looking happy. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.